COVID (Corona virus Disease)-19 is an infectious disease which began from Wuhan, China. Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that range from the common cold to MERS coronavirus, which is Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus and SARs, Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus. Corona viruses are circulating in animals and some of these coronaviruses have the capability of transmitting between animals and humans. We call that a spillover event.
Symptoms of corona virus include:-
- Difficulty in Breathing
- High Fever
- Dry Cough
- Runny Nose
- Sore Throat
- Headache / body aches
Symptoms of Common Cold:-
- Itchy eyes
- Stuffy nose
Symptoms shared by flu and Covid-19:-
- Body aches
How it spreads?
Covid-19 spread from one person to another person through small droplets from the nose or mouth at the time of coughing. It can also spread by touching an infected person or any infected thing.
Who need not to worry?
- A person who is not in an area where COVID-19 is spreading.
- A person who has not travelled in an infected area
- A person who is not in touch of infected person.
- At the time of coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth with tissue paper or medical mask.
- Wash your hands with sanitizer or soap regularly
- If you face difficulty in breathing, call the doctor and take medical help
- Maintain social distance from persons and animals.
- Heat up your food thoroughly
- Avoid touching your face.
- Don’t take medicines without prescription
- Stay home as much as possible
- Avoid Gathering
- Do not Spit in public Areas
There’s currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease (COVID-19). So stay home and stay safe. Corona virus cannot be transmitted through mosquito bites.
How to Mange mental health?
Click on below video links provided by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare:-