7 things which make you effective
“You don’t decide your future, you decide your habits and your habits decide your future.”
You have to change your habits.
- Be proactive: Every person should be proactive in life. If you are not proactive then other persons may act upon you. You should take your own decisions so that you can’t blame others. Proactive people are great problem solvers, they are full of positive energy, passion and motivation.
Proactive people understand that they are not perfect; they are always ready to up skill themselves and gain more knowledge if so required. Truly proactive people never blame the environment, circumstances and others they always hold themselves responsible. They are unstoppable because they never make mistakes they believe in the power of change.
- Begin with the end in mind: The second habit which makes you effective is that every person must have end in his life. If you are working without a vision it is as a journey without destination. Vision allows us to align each and every move and decision of our life. We should always try to find where we are lacking and try to improve it. Prepare yourself by analysing where you are and where you want to go. It will help you to decide your future goals and actions to be taken to complete it.
- Prioritizes what is important: Every person should do first things first. Identify the important tasks and do that at initial level. For example, if you are going with your friend for your tuition class but on the way you encounter two ladies quarrelling. If you stop there just to see and listen to their fight then you are ignoring your most important task. So always fix priorities so that you can’t miss your opportunities and always try to complete your work as soon as possible.
- Learn principles of interpersonal leadership: Effective people always think about win-win situation. You should not think about the loss of others. Effective people view life as a cooperative journey not a competition. They always try to make favourable situation for others and always prefer mutual benefit. Neither my way nor your way, a better way for all is their mantra.
- Seek first to understand and then to be understood: To be an effective person everyone should try to understand others first. If someone is sharing his or her problem with you, undoubtedly you jump over to give an advice. Try not to impose your own opinion on others but try to understand them. Effective people always listen to others and try to resolve matters empathetically. You should be a good listener as well as a good communicator.
- Synergy: we should create synergy which allows us to uncover new possibilities through creativity. As per the quotation “two and two makes four” same synergy also creates alternatives. Two plants at a same place will increase the fertility of soil so synergy will also create new opportunities and growth. When you pool your ideas with other person you can also come up with new traits to solve the problems.
- Sharpen the saw: The last habit relates to all other habits. To be effective, one should develop self. Developing means to improve yourself both physically as well as mentally.