- Duration 3 Years
- Skill level As per PTU norms.
- Max Students 60
- Language English
Overview of B.Sc.FD course!! Bachelor of Science in Fashion Design, is an undergraduate course for students interested in the glamorous fashion and allied industries. B.Sc.FD allows students to explore a wide range of jobs, opportunities, and possible venture options in the fashion world, which is not only about securing money but equally about creativity. SHIMT intends to offer an engaging learning setup for fashion students, who dare to dream about becoming the next Sabyasachi or wish to work for international brands. Apart from the basics of apparel production and related aspects, students also learn about trends, design sense and the basics of managing a business. Duration: 3 years – 6 semesters Eligibility Criteria: As per PTU norms. Marks required: As per PTU norms. Course equivalent: B.Des. Please note that B.Des is a four-year course. Study Mode: Classroom learning (full-time), Learning in Labs, Outdoor Activities, extensive environment-based training, and practical projects. Assessment Methods: Case study, projects, assignments, yearly-semi-yearly exams, presentations, and more. Qualification: Students will be awarded B.Sc. FD degree upon successful completion. Syllabus: As per PTU standards. Career prospects: Our Fashion Designning Department gears up students for the fashion industry, allow them to work for brands, international designers, companies. Other than this, they get knowledge and skills to start their own venture. From being a fashion show organizer, students can find various career options such as fabric buyers, production manager, costumer designer, fashion consultant, Fashion stylist and more. Why B.Sc.FD?
- To understand everything about fashion design history, various art and crafts, manipulating clothing textiles, sketching and drawing clothes, fashion events or managing a fashion house.
- Get in-depth knowledge of the fashion industry.
- Develop aesthetic, intellectual and technological abilities of the student as a fashion designer.
- Get ready for a creative and rewarding career in fashion.
- Learn about the changing trends.
- Work with the experts equipped with knowledge.
- Become an entrepreneur.
- Find the best opportunities in India and abroad.